Daydreaming is Healthy for Runners – Dr. Phil Maffetone
“Imagination is more important than knowledge; knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution” – Albert Einstein
“Becoming aware of ourselves and our surroundings (near and far) is an important feature of a healthy brain” – Phil Maffetone
Phil joins us to talk about why daydreaming is important to our health and how it can help us become better runners. We discuss the similarities of daydreaming and visualization and if we can daydream while using other sensory inputs. We talk about how we can become better daydreamers.
Phil’s article, “Interpretation of Daydreams”
We begin the podcast with a review of Chapter 26 of “The Big Book of Endurance and Racing“, called, “The Pain Game and How to Control It”.
Other Dr. Maffetone podcasts:
- Dr. Phil Maffetone Unplugged
- Dr. Phil Maffetone was RIGHT all along!
- Take Your Shirt Off and Get Some Vitamin D – with Dr. Phil Maffetone
- Phil Maffetone: How can Rhythm Improve Your Efficiency?
- Breaking the 1:59 marathon with Dr. Phil Maffetone
- Dr. Phil Maffetone – Building a Better Athletic Brain
- Phil Maffetone transcribed!
- Eat to Win with Dr. Phil Maffetone.
- Dr. Phil Maffetone – Speed up by slowing down
Get the Maffetone App HERE
Take the 2 Week Test
Get a taste of Dr. Maffetone’s best articles HERE
Phil Maffetone’s MUSIC